How to install the Magento extension
We recommend your website manager install the Magento Linklay extension.
You can install the Linklay extension via two ways: FTP or using the Magento Connect Manager. To use the Magento Connect Manager, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Magento administrator area. Then go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager.
- Enter your administrative credentials.
- Go to Magento Connect Manager -> Extensions tab. and click on the link to Magento Connect. Search for Linklay.
- Once you finish choosing an extension click on Install Now button and choose the Magento Connect version that matches your current Magento version. If you are using Magento 1.5 or newer, you need to select version 2.0, otherwise leave Magento Connect 1.0.
- Click Get Extension Key button and you will be provided with extension key. This is the key that you need to insert into your Magento Connect area. Next, click Install and then Proceed.
How to use the extension
After you’ve created your shoppable image and click “Save & Get Code”, select Magento from the dropdown menu. This will generate your Magento token.
Copy the token and paste it into your editor (like below). When you preview or publish your post/page, you will see your Linklay image.
Assigning alignment and class parameters
You can use the following parameters to further adjust the display characteristics of the image:
• Horizontal alignment: align=“right|center|right” (default: center)
• CSS class: class=”your_css_class_name”